Are anxiety symptoms taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried some type of anxiety treatment but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, then we’re confident we can help. The Mindful Practice in Jacksonville and Winter Park, FL offers the most effective forms of anxiety treatment. Allowing you to get the relief from anxiety symptoms that you deserve.
Research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option for anxiety treatment. That’s because anxiety therapy, rather than medication, can treat more than just symptoms. Anxiety symptoms can present on an emotional and physical level.
Often, these are common anxiety symptoms:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Change in appetite or change in blood pressure
- Muscle Tension
- Difficulty focusing
- Additionally, struggling to think clearly about anything other than what worries you
- Obsessions about certain ideas. This is also a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or past experience. Also a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
There are different types of anxiety that people can experience. Some experience it here and there. At the same time, others experience it daily. To help you with your anxiety treatment our trained Jacksonville and Orlando therapists can help you identify the type of anxiety you are dealing with. Here are five common anxiety disorders:
- Social Anxiety Disorder. The cause of this anxiety disorder is social interactions or gatherings. For example, public speaking, events, fearing talking to strangers, etc.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Often the cause of PTSD is exposure to a traumatic event. Many who suffer from PTSD experience different symptoms. For example, insomnia, flashbacks, and fear to name a few.
- Panic Disorder. Panic Disorder can happen anytime and anywhere. They are feelings of terror when there is no danger. People may also have physical symptoms such as fast heartbeat, sweating, weakness, dizziness, etc.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder. GAD is a type of anxiety that will make a person worry or tense even without provocation.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. OCD is characterized by having excessive thoughts and fears. Which can lead to repetitive behaviors.
Anxiety Treatment Modalities
- Behavioral Therapies. They help to manage anxiety by replacing maladaptive thoughts and behaviors. Instead giving you healthier alternatives called coping skills. As you begin to build these coping skills into your daily routine you start to notice an alleviation of anxiety symptoms. Some of the behavioral therapies that we use include but are not limited to
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR helps anxiety by addressing the triggers of anxiety. It is an interactive therapy technique performed by specially trained therapists, which is used to alleviate psychological stressors. You will be able to identify original triggers. Then change how you respond to them on a physiological and cognitive level. Thus, leaving you with less anxiety in your life.
- Psychodynamic. The goal of psychodynamic therapy is to uncover past conflicts and work through those issues. A therapist will work with you to determine the issues that may be linked to present anxiety disorders. A recent study has shown it is an effective treatment for individuals dealing with anxiety symptoms.
Addressing the Root Cause in Anxiety Treatment
The root cause of your anxiety should also be addressed. As you explore its significance, discovering its origins can be very useful. Our anxiety therapists in Winter Park and Jacksonville, FL are highly trained and understand how to treat any anxiety-related issues.
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears. By working with an anxiety therapist, you can learn how to finally relax. Together, you can learn to start looking at issues in a new and less scary way. As well as develop better-coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Ready to start Anxiety Treatment in Winter Park and Jacksonville, FL?
The Mindful Practice in the Jacksonville and Orlando area provides anxiety treatment in person and through online therapy in Florida. If you suffer from an anxiety disorder or feel like anxiety symptoms are taking over your life our anxiety therapists can help. Getting help can be hard but it starts with three steps.
- Contact us for your free consultation.
- Start meeting with an anxiety therapist.
- Start living a life free of anxiety symptoms and disorders.
Other Services We Offer in the Orlando and Jacksonville Area
Our Jacksonville and Orlando therapists offer more than anxiety therapy. For individuals, we offer depression treatment and trauma therapy. As well as post-bariatric surgery therapy. Additionally, we offer counseling for teens, grief, and life transitions. Some of the techniques we use include EMDR therapy and mindfulness-based therapy. These services are offered in person at our Jacksonville and Winter Park, FL offices as well as online throughout Florida.